- Tour Details
The Fraser Explorer Premium Day Tour is aimed at providing guests with an intimate touring experience in comfort with a small number of guests (max 18). An intimate tour seeing the best of Fraser Island, topped off by with a lunch at Eurong.
- Tour travels from Hervey Bay to River Heads for the 8.30am barge crossing to the Wanggoolba Creek landing on Fraser Island.
- Tour departs Fraser Island on the 5pm barge back to River Heads and returns to Hervey Bay at approximately 6.00pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
- Courtesy pick-up and drop-off from Hervey Bay accommodation. Please enter pick up destination when booking online.
- Full-day guided 4WD tour.
- Morning tea.
- Al a carte set menu at Eurong Beach Resort - choose from open steak or vege burgers, fish of the day served with a crisp garden salad and golden potato fries, grilled mushroom salad, pasta carbonara or ranch chicken salad served at your table with complimentary beer, wine, orange juice or soft drink. Kids can choose from chicken nugget and chips or fish and chips.
- National Park fees.
If English is your second language, we have MP3 guides available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean and Chinese. Just let our Sales and Reservations team know when you book. These can be picked up from the Ticket Hut with a small, refundable deposit of $20 per device.
1 Apr 2016 - 9 Apr 2016, 17 Sep 2016 - 03 Oct 2016, 23 Dec 2016 - 21 Jan 2017
Off Peak Prices
All other periods
Adults $219 $205 Children (4-14) $165 $155 Infants (0-3) Free Free
Price valid from 1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017. Some booking conditions apply.
- Tour Highlights
- Central Station - enjoy a guided rainforest walk to the historical logging station and meander along the banks of Wanggoolba Creek flowing silently through lush rainforest.
- Lake McKenzie - take a dip in the crystal clear blue waters or relax on the sandy white beaches. Picture perfect is the only way to describe this beautiful perched dune lake.
- Seventy-Five Mile Beach - relax as your coach hits the famous sandy highway of Fraser Island and take the opportunity to join the Air Fraser crew for a scenic flight over the island (optional extra).
- Eli Creek - float or wade down the fastest flowing freshwater creek on Fraser Island or just enjoy the serenity.
- Maheno Shipwreck – snap a shot of this rusting wreck that washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935 – its rusted hull is perfect for photography enthusiasts.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – be amazed at how these hued sand cliffs get there rich colours and hear the Dreamtime story of their origin.
Itinerary can change due to tides and weather conditions.